Friday, September 9, 2011

"Louie" - "New Jersey/Airport"

An insanely quick review (with spoilers) of "Louie's" season two finale after the jump:


I wish I had more time to spend on this final episode of "Louie", since it may have been my favorite of the season (which is saying a lot, considering how many instant classic episodes the series has delivered this year). But I'm writing a 1000+ word article on the show's second season for my community college paper, which means I really don't have the energy to do much else in regards to it. So I'll just say that both segments were just about perfect. The New Jersey material was hilarious, and made even more so by terrific guest appearances from people like Chris Rock and Steven Wright.

And the Pamela stuff... wow. So heartbreaking, and yet so funny at the same time. It's the perfect capper to a season that was poignant, hilarious, and just plain brilliant. As of this moment, "Louie" is the show to beat for the 2011-12 season. And quite honestly, I can't imagine any show (not even "Parks and Rec" or "Mad Men") topping what Louis C.K. achieved over these thirteen episodes.

Episode Grade: A
Season Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment